2016 - The beginning of a new chapter

My writing pattern is becoming more and more predictable it seems - clearly I only write to wish people a happy new year and then I go quiet. 
I hope 2016 will be different. In fact 2016 has to be different. It has begun on such a different note that it will be a shame if it doesn't turn out to be different. So in 2016 I have decided to break the routine of almost past 10 years and take a plunge to attend to a task that I had neglected for long. 
I have decided to do an MBA. Not just any MBA but a very exotic MBA from a boutique school in a picturesque location. IMD Business School in Lausanne Switzerland. 
The transition from working for a multi-billion dollar Oil major to becoming a student has not been without its share of inconveniences but after two weeks in the program Shikha and I are still smiling so we are coping fine. 
I hope the year will bring all that we expect it to bring or at least it will bring something worth cherishing. We will see!
For the time being a quick recap on what 2015 gave us - honestly the only thing I can remember is the rapid tumble in oil prices. Many of you might not even have noticed this free-fall but for us whose daily meals are correlated to oil prices, this area is always of interest. 
For me it was vindication of sorts when Arvind Kejriwal came back to power as CM of Delhi. I have always given my whole-hearted supported to Arvind Kejriwal often to the dismay of my well meaning and intelligent friends. Some of them have gone as far as questioning what am I smoking and only very few have respected my opinion on this matter. 
Cricket was very lacklustre and I can hardly remember a moment of significance. 
Donald Trump's rapid rise as the Republican front-runner is both entertaining and worrisome. But I wouldnt bother myself too much with that for the moment. 
For us as a family 2015 was a great year as we met many friends and relatives who passed by Singapore and spent valuable time with us.
All in all for us it was a great year and we have high expectations from 2016. 
I hope 2015 was a great year in your life too and I hope 2016 turns out to be even better. 
Wishing you a very happy 2016. 

And if any of you is curious to know what is going on with my MBA then you are very welcome to follow my posts at the IMD blog website. 

http://blogs.imd.org/mba/default.aspx

Comments

  1. I got hyper excited when I saw that there was an unread post from your blog! This seems like your first personal post - since Shikha is mentioned for the first time in this place, isn't it? :)

    I hope you have a great 2016 as well! Looking forward to more of your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2016 seems to be the year of changes. Let this be one of those changes too! :)
    You and Ashwin will be growing through some major changes too this year. Happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Resume

Ivory tower education vs. Practical wisdom

I had failed once...