kunaliit2002@yahoo.co.in - not just an email id but an identity..

This has been my email adress for a very long time. If I look at it now it comes across as bit of a propaganda, even a bit immature. It has a history. It was created sometime in 2001. I was not in IIT then. I was preparing for JEE. And in those days I used to go about with a different email id: mrfair320@rediffmail.com, even more propaganda and even more immature. I would not go into the history of this last one and my only defence is that I was only 16 years of age when I registered this one. Anyways coming back to kunaliit2002. I registered this while I was still preparing for JEE with a condition that I would use it only if I manage to get through IIT JEE to join the 2002 session. It was quite logical too because under any other scenario this email id would have only been misplaced. And it also explains why it is not kunaliitd2002 for at that time I did not know which of the seven IITs I would end up in.
I used to go to the cyber cafe every so often, check my mrfair id, and take a glance at my empty kunaliit2002 inbox as nobody knew about it. It was sort of an auto suggestion. Similar to what many people achieve by writing on their ceilings in bold letters "I will win the Rajasthan TT championship this year". This way they get to see it as the first thing in morning to remind them of what they should be doing during the rest of the day - working towards that goal. I was a bit more shy than that and hence found my auto-suggestion in this email id hosted somewhere on a far-off US server.
Over time I managed to justify the use of this email id and since then it has become my second identity almost. Also I have managed to retain this id on many servers such as yahoo, google and I guess I had one at indiatimes too. Surprisingly there is little competition for this id, which is good for me .
20 years later it would probably serve as a window to the past reminding me of the year and the college that I went to, just like it served as a window to the future back in 2001 reminding me of the year and the college that I aspired to go to.

Comments

  1. Good to know that even an Email-id can tempt you to write something and thats something rare. An ID has really become an IDENTITY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although i have used this email id several times in "TO" column of my mailbox, I was unaware of its history...
    Good way of working towards a GOAL..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good one! Like the earlier comment says, I had no idea that there was a history behind this id - good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought you made this id after getting into IIT.. like my saurabh_iit2003@yahoo or saurabh.iit2003@gmail.. I made this id after getting into IIT, still preferred to drop the 'D' as the id was created after the interaction session during the first semester that made me hate using the word 'D' at all.. Anyways, it was inspiring to know the story of your IIT Calling.. what's the next Calling? [:)]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have any other ID we dont know abt?..for future

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha ha ha .. no more such dark secrets Yadav...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ivory tower education vs. Practical wisdom

Do nothing - Perfect strategy for terrorists ?

I had failed once...